Sweet Dreams

Every now and then I go through my blog's "edit posts" page and find some drafts. Most of them are simply titles with no body, a line of pictures, or a few scattered thoughts that may have had potential once, but now appear to be nothing but a list of words.

But sometimes I come across something with a little more substance. Today it was an incomplete post started on June 10th. The train of thought cut off suddenly, and I honestly have no idea where I was planning on taking this.

However, as I love dreams, and I have been having some interesting ones lately, I decided to post it anyway, incomplete thoughts and all:


"My fascination with dreams can be pinned to my sister.

I mean, as  a youngest child, it is common knowledge that 98% of my habits and interests are inherited from an older sibling.

I brush my teeth with warm water because Elizabeth told me she felt as though cold water froze the germs into your mouth.

Before moving out freshman year I had already picked my favorite pizza place based on the recommendation of a sibling. It ended up being out of business, but it remained a favorite nonetheless.

Even the act of turning in an application at Tucanos was the influence of a sibling, which somehow helps me justify how long it has been listed as my employer.

My interest in dreams comes through a third party, though it was a sibling who led me there. Had it not been for Emily getting ready with me in the mornings, I may never have left the Radio Disney days. As it is, upon my entering the 6th grade, she took control of the radio dials and introduced me to 97.1 and their morning show: The Morning Zoo.

They covered a wide variety of topics, but each week they had scheduled guests. The author of the book "Scream Free Parenting," someone from a local police department, Holly from the Zoo, and, most influentially, Lauri from TheDreamZone.com.

Every Tuesday she would take calls from desperate and confused dreamers, people seeking an explanation for their recurring dream regarding a pack of angry wolves, or the uncomfortable situation that caused them to wake in a cold sweat.

As I listened week after week, I began to understand.

The people in your dreams, for example, do not always play themselves. Did your mother turn borderline abusive as you slept last night? No fear, this is not a reflection of your mother's hidden personality. This could mean a number of things. Maybe you feel as though you are not getting the emotional support you require? Maybe there is someone or something in your life that is meant to help you learn and grow or assist you through a hard time, and your subconscious is helping you realize that it is just not coming through for you.

Spiders in dreams usually represent lies, as in a web of lies. The pack of angry wolves mentioned above turned out to be a girl's subconscious dealing with the fact that she wasn't able to have children.

In short: I learned that your dreams are more than interesting plays put on to entertain you while you sleep. They are, in fact, your mind's way of telling you the things you may be too busy to realize while awake.

Now, my subconscious and me, we have an interesting relationship. I'm usually pretty good and realizing the people and situations that are causing issues, and, with the help of my trusted dream dictionary, it's only a matter of time before I have things worked out and running smoothly once more.

I am not often afraid"

Where was I going with that??

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. *falls to knees* nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! must know the end!!

    ReplyDelete