We shopped til we dropped. Literally, in Kristen's case

She got a wee bit sick, not fun. But she is feeling much better now! Today is Sunday, which is our free day. The weekends here are the best. Saturday is Sabbath, so we have church. I was called as a primary teacher and I love it so much! Then Sunday is our free day, and on Mondays we have field trips. Tomorrow is Jericho!

We spent last Sunday in the Jewish quarter of the Old city seeing the sites, and this week we did some straight up shopping. I had the most delicious turkish delight, it was to die for! I also found an amazing location to buy plates and bowls. However, the thing I love most is a lantern! It hangs (I know mom, I know, I will always be me) from the ceiling and it is made of tiny little colored-glass tiles. It is beautiful! Unfortunately, it cost a pretty penny. But, as I had almost no money with me today, I didn't even try to get the price down, so hopefully I will be able to get it somewhere reasonable. I really, really love it. Our walking adventures were cut short on account of the threat of rain, but it was a successful day!

Just getting some shopping done :)
I want millions of the camel strings
Cross Fit Holy Land? I think yes. 
 

"*whistle*" - driver
"Are you serious? I'm wearing a fanny pack!" -Kristen

Someone tried to sell me that can of soda for 10 shekels.
I actually laughed because that is such an unrealistically high price.
Also, someone told me this hoodie was 50 shekels, I said "no way man, I want it for 30!"
He literally shooed me away, rude. The next shop gave it to me for 35. Success. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say that it makes me so very happy to learn that you are skilled in the art of bargaining.

    Also I miss you! <3 etc.

    ReplyDelete