Seven

Seriously? Three blog posts in one day? We all know what this means: Sadie has abnormally large amounts of school work to do and is running out of other methods of distraction. Yup, that pretty much sums it up.

I am here to talk to you today about the number seven. Let us start with some facts about said number/reasons why number is awesome:


-Number of Harry Potter books. Ginny is 7th child. "The Seven Potters". Seven horcruxes. Seven years of school. Harry is born in July. Seven is the most powerful magic number. Seven people on a quidditch team.
-Number of days in the week, the day God rested
-Number of stars in the big dipper
-Seven deadly sins
-Seven last words: "My God, why hast Thou forsaken me?"
-Seven natural wonders of the world
-Seven is the sum of any two opposite sides on a standard six-sided die
-Number of Gilmore Girls seasons
-The "seven sisters" in the sky
-Seven years of plenty, seven years of famine
-The seven virtues
-007


A few posts back I stated that seven is my favorite number. True statement. It is an odd number, which is good as even numbers freak me out. My whole life I have looked for patterns in seven, or for ways for things to add up to seven. For example, when there are four pictures hanging on a wall, I count the pictures and the spaces of blank wall in-between, ending up with seven. That was confusing, but it's a confusing habit so I'm just going to let it slide. Remember how I said that I have a freakish habit of counting syllables in sentences? In reality, I try to only count the last seven. So after someone is done speaking, I'll figure out what the last seven syllables were and repeat them over and over. 


So, for that last one it would be "...peat them over and over". 

Basically what I'm saying is that the number seven is a part of my life daily. 

Now lets talk about how seven has come up in my past. Basically, I was born into it. On the 13th of June, 1991, Kent and Gayle Crookston gave birth to their youngest, their seventh, child. Weight? 7lbs. Height? 21 inches (7x3 for those of us who are a bit math challenged).

I was seven years old when we moved to Utah.

I currently have seven nieces and seven nephews.

You know in elementary school how they give you a number that you use for just about everything? It's the number above your coat hanger, the order you present in, and in P.E. you split into groups based on even/odd numbers.

As you can probably guess, my number was always seven. Except for in 4th grade, when I was eight. But then Brielle Argyle moved half way through the year and I was moved down a number, placing me back where I belong.


I figured the numbers would leave me behind after the k-12 phase of life. Wrong.


When I got my first English paper back, the small number in the top right hand corner went unnoticed as I searched for my score. It wasn't until another class member inquired after the number that I flipped back to the front to look for it. My teacher explained that the numbers were simply her way of organizing, that it was our "class number" if you will.


Serious? My freshman honors 150 English class? No more than about 15 people total and "Crookston" is the seventh name?


And then it happened again. Today, was my DAP class discussion final. Our teacher handed out a slip of paper with each students name placed next to a few blank lines where we were encouraged to add the information they forgot to include.


Again, the number next to my name went unnoticed.


When the test began, he picked a small piece of paper off of his desk. He read the number 'nine' aloud, followed by Haleigh's name. I didn't think to wonder how he put her name and the number together.


But then, after Haleigh was done, he called out the number seven, and without fully knowing why, I responded.

And then I saw the small number printed next to my name: "7. Sadie Crookston." I had responded to the number even before I had seen it placed next to my name.


But it makes sense, I have always been number seven.

So what about you? Any numbers stalking your life?








<3

6 comments:

  1. Yeah well, it runs in the family.

    I'm really loving all of your picture blog posts this year...just sayin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog posts. I wish I coudl be more creative. I can't htink of a single number that stalks me. Nope.

    By the way, I totally understood the whole counting pictures and the space between the wall. I do those kinds of confusing things too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7 was actually my number as well. :) It's a great number!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 9
    It's the number that stalks my life.
    I born on the 18th (8 plus 1)
    I was nine when everyone thought I was going to die...
    And I can't remember all the other nines I've come across, but there are a lot! Really cool, you and 7. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome for moving! hahaha I didn't even think anyone would remember that! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete