One Year Ago

I am absolutely convinced that this year's Valentine's day cannot beat last year's.

Because I was in Jerusalem, and everything is better in Jerusalem.

But also because one year ago I was herding sheep, making pita, running through flowered fields, and skipping dance parties to watch You've Got Mail.

I miss it.

But the best part of last year's Valentine's day was my valentine:


So here's to Kaleb, the first boy I ever asked to be my valentine.

And I apologize to Michael for interrupting his prayer.

2 comments:

  1. Fact: For the first time, this showed up in the 'other things you may want to read' link, and it just so happens to be Valentine's Day.
    Fact: We're having a dance tonight, and all yesterday I was thinking how I want to watch You've Got Mail afterwards!

    ReplyDelete