Come To Bethlehem And See

This is what Christmas looks like when you're 20:

And this is what Christmas looks like when you're me:


But let's take a moment to talk about what this is really all about. 

I just keep thinking about my time spent in Bethlehem. It was short, yes, but it was powerful. I learned many things there, but the one I will focus on today is that Christ really was born, and He died so we could live again. I have no doubt of this. 

As we sat in the Church of the Nativity singing "Hark, the Herald Angels Sing" I was hit by the line "Come to Bethlehem and see Him whose birth the angels sing." I knew that it was true. The angels sang because this was Jesus, our Savior, coming to give men second birth. 

Doctrine & Covenants 14:7 - "And, if you keep my commandments and endure to the end you shall have eternal life, which gift if the greatest of all the gifts of God."

I think that is what we should be focused on this time of year. We have been given the opportunity to have eternal life, what are we doing with that gift? Just as we would not set aside or forget about a shiny new present, we must not forget about the ultimate Christmas present: the blessings brought about by Jesus through His atonement. Let us not forget what this day truly signifies. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment