Retrospection

July of 2008. That is when I started this blog. At the time my intentions were, well, I don't even know. Just to say I had one, I guess. Now, however, almost four years later, my blog has a completely defined purpose: to show you who I am.

Sadie.

My thoughts, my opinions, my strengths, my faults.

When one compliments my blog it brings greater joy than I think they could ever realize. This is me, my brain in the form of words, and each time I publish a post I can't help but fear that people will reject it, and therein reject my thoughts and ultimately, me.

I know, it's just a blog.

But it's my blog. My attempt to show the world who I am. Behind the shyness and worries that keep me from fully opening up to strangers is the person you catch a glimpse of here.

I hope that I am representing myself well.

But more than that, I hope that one day I can know all of you. Let's be friends, yeah? Ignore my shy tendencies and let's get to know each other. Isn't it the people that make life worth living?

Well anyway, I've spent my day reading through old journals, and when I ran out of ones that are un-boxed I turned to reading through my blog archive. I picked out my favorites, all for various reasons, and posted them below. If you're as bored as I was today you can take a look.

Hi, I'm Sadie and I like who I am
They know their audience well
It's like I just walked on the moon
Don't worry, you're not the only one
Dead Dandelions 
They named her Apple
I scream, you scream

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Sadie, I love your blog so much that I'm obviously still reading it after Jerusalem. And, I love your line, "Isn't it the people that make life worth living?" That is deep.

    ReplyDelete