This week was not a favorite

The JC got new shower heads this week. I would not wish them on anyone.

Before I go on to tell you about my week, let me take a minute to show you two pictures that say more about my feelings than words can.

Kristen told us to look excited. Is that not the most pathetic attempt ever? 
I just gave up for #2 and let my true feelings shine. Take me or leave me, that's all I've gotta say. 

We've hit the half-way point. I think it is similar to a mid-life crises. Are we really half way done? Didn't we just get here? What have we been doing with our time? How are there still so many things to see and to try?

I have not even left the city yet and I am already feeling remorse for not doing everything that I could have.

So, naturally, I should get out into the city right now and not come back until all my dreams have been fulfilled.

Oh, wait, no. I should write one of my papers. Or plan sharing time for tomorrow. Or finish start that take home quiz. Or write my assessment. Or study for my finals next week.

Whatever I do I should definitely not catch up on sleep because doing these things while half asleep is much better than wasting time being unconscious.

I don't know exactly what it is, but I kinda feel like everyone at the JC has been a little down these past few days. And then this morning we were told that the Holocaust museum we are going to on Monday is depressing and emotional draining to anyone who is not completely jaded.

You bring us there at the start of finals week? Really?

I know that I have no right to be complaining. I'm in Jerusalem, my native country is not Libya, I have a family who loves me, I don't go to bed hungry at night.

But this is my blog, and I'll complain if I want to.

And then I will go sleep (typical, the worst of my options) and pray that when I wake up I am more fully capable of positive thoughts.

Seriously, bane of my existence.
I hate to be the one to point it out, but the water is spraying at the wall, kinda opposite of ideal.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I remember reading this and seeing the second picture where you guys showed your true emotions and being like... How could they possibly feel anything but sheer and crazy HAPPINESS?!?! hahaha. :) Also, I'm definitely reading your blog instead of doing my reading questions. I'm actually probably not going to do them at all. The senioritis is that bad... but hey, it's only 1 percentage point, right? Also, I failed my Old Testament midterm. He gave us all an extra 10.4%... so now I got a D! WOOO!!!! hahaha. Ohhhhhhh school here. It's just kind of funny how they expect us to be able to do it AND experience Jerusalem at the same time. Um, impossible. But what can ya do? LOVE READING YOUR OLD POSTS!

    ReplyDelete