Post Secret

I have a confession to make to you.

Sometimes I send a text, or write something on someone's wall, or update my status, and I think what I wrote was done so quite cleverly. Then I repeat these writings over and over again in my head for reasons I do not fully understand. I still remember my favorite of my status updates.
Um... seriously? I don't care how long it's been since you've seen each other, must you catch up now, in the middle of the library? And if you are going to talk on your phone, could you not go to the stairs? They're like seven feet away. And you are obviously not here to study, so please, take your crackers and flirt elsewhere. Yeah, I'm tired, and trying to study.
...or something like that...

But I cannot go around telling people how clever I sometimes think my wording is, because wow, can we please get a definition of the word narcissist? 

But I have a feeling that maybe I share this trait with other people. There are times when someone writes something I find quite entertaining, and I am sure they are aware of it. I am sure they re-typed and re-worded and hit the back space many times while trying to perfect their wording. I want to tell them they I noticed, but I feel that "Hey, nice wording" is an odd compliment and that people would be confused, not flattered. So instead I write it down in my little black notebook, or just repeat it over and over and over in my head so that maybe one day I can use their clever wording and pretend that I came up with it. 

I tell you this because I think that other people have odd secretive quirks. In fact, I am sure of it. I am so confident because I have found, and have fallen a little in love, with this

Sometimes people share things that are just a little bit too much information. Well, actually, a lot of too much information. And some days there are more of those than others.  I share this link with you assuming that you will not judge me.

for example:

you will not think "wow, that was not fully appropriate. I am ashamed that Sadie sent me to this link." 

Because this is a website where people send in post cards with their deepest darkest secrets, and then they are anonymously shared with the world.  I love it because it shows how everyone has a little bit of messed up disfunctionality in them, and all of a sudden my narcissistic secrets seem a little unimportant. 

So now that you have been warned that there might be a secret or two that are not things you will want to repeat out loud, feel free to indulge in someone else's secrets. 

<3

1 comment:

  1. I totally saw this special the other day at the gym on how to better word your phrases and how you can become someone with cool facebook updates with posts that people will remember. So I am sure you are not the only one out there.

    ReplyDelete