Confessions of a Grey's-aholic

Fellow Grey's Anatomy junkies, unite.

It is what it is, I cried when Derek Shepherd died. This is significant because I am hardly what I would call an emotional person. True, I cried when Hedwig died and those patriotic country songs with footage of soldiers surprising their kids get me every time, but McDreamy? I did not see that one coming.

I mean, come on. He and Meredith were finally in a good place and they hung the broken glass post-it back on the wall and he realized what was important and he wanted to coach soccer! Everything was perfect! Poor Meredith was finally catching a break and getting to be happy and shiny. Not to mention Derek was so perfect with those accident victims and poor little Sydney from Parenthood and just as we were remembering why we loved him so much in the first place, bam. He dies at the hands of crappy doctors due to a brain injury. The irony. 

And Meredith! I mean the woman was pregnant with his child! Then she went off and named the girl Ellis, though I definitely think she should have pulled a Blake Lively and named her Derek, but far be it for me to intervene. If I had it my way Lexi and McSteamy would still be around, so clearly I'm not getting what I want around here. 

Fellow junkies, please discuss. 


*Sniff* I love you tumor wall drawing, I love you. 

3 comments:

  1. I agree! I cried too. It like ruined the night for me. Grey's just doesn't feel the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I found out he died before hand on Facebook so I binge watched, and even though I knew it was coming I couldn't handle it!

      Delete