I'm basically going to tell you everything that happened in this movie...

...so if you want to watch it, don't read this. 

But first I have to admit something: I like The O.C. 

So that's embarrassing, I know, it's whatever. But I honestly went through a phase where I thought I would name my first two sons Cohen and Brody, after the character Seth Cohen and the actor who played him. It was a completely rational thing for any teenage fangirl to do. Don't judge. 

My love of this soap opera has led me to a love of the actors. True, they have not made many big screen appearances after the final season of the OC, but when their names pop up in the credits I make an effort to support them.

I think that it is time for me to stop doing this.

Every time I watch one of their films I am beyond disappointed. 

Adam Brody did this production a few years ago with like Meg Ryan or Avril Lavigne, I don't even know cause I've tried to erase it from my memory, where he couldn't decided if he wanted to date the girl or her mother. What?? That is soooo not ok.

Mischa Barton was in this drama model show that I watched the first episode of. I couldn't watch the second one because it was canceled before it had time to air. 

Rachel Bilson is in some show about a southern doctor. I didn't even watch past my first episode. As much as I love her, I have come to realize that she can only play one role. But today I thought she might have a chance to redeem herself.

I am at home doing laundry and, as my parents are gone and I have no pressing homework to finish, I decided to watch a movie. I was checking out the Netflix new releases and came across a new Rachel Bilson film: Waiting For Forever. I quickly glanced at the description and decided it looked like a harmless, brainless, chick flick - the perfect laundry companion. 

Wrong. 

It was actually kinda creepy and the camera flash backs gave me motion sickness.

The main guy (Will) definitely had a mental illness. He full on stalked the main girl (Emma) and also thought that his dead parents were next to him all the time. He talked to them regularly throughout the film. He thought this because, after his parents died when he was ten, Emma told him that he would never be alone. It was a nice gesture on her part, but he took it a little far. 

After the passing of his parents, he moved to live with family and never saw Emma again. Except for when he was stalking her. Which was always. So I guess he always saw her, just not in a normal/acceptable fashion. 

While he has been stalking her, she has gone off to start an acting career. In the first ten minutes or so we learn that A) her show was canceled, B) she cheated on her boyfriend, C) she is flying home because her dad is dying. We also learn that the guy she cheated on killed the guy she cheated with. I know, right? Talk about random and unexpected drama. 

So Will follows Emma home and finally gets up the courage to talk to her. He confesses that he has been following her and she is creeped out. Naturally.

But Will isn't the only one who followed Emma to her parent's. Creepy ex-boyfriend (Aaron) also followed her, and when he finds out she had a stalker he calls LAPD to give them Will's name a suspect in the murder he, Aaron, committed.  

I think if the movie had followed that story line and been more of a CSI kind of thing it might have had potential. But as a love story it was just... wrong. 

In the end Emma figures out the whole thing and runs back to Will, her creepy stalker. Like, are those the only two guys in the world? Are you sure there isn't someone else out there?

So, I don't know. I'm no movie guru, so maybe its just me? Has anyone else seen this? Did you find it more acceptable than I did?

3 comments:

  1. Summer is good in her new show! It gets better. It's not wonderful, but it's better than I thought it would be.

    P.S. This post is the best thing I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I've never seen it, and now I know I don't need to. And I agree with Christina, that was a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too stumbled onto this on Netflix, but after failing to engage after twenty minutes, I turned it off as a general rule.

    Apparently, I'm glad I did.

    ReplyDelete