You treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough

The thing is that when I moved in with Bronwyn I had no idea I was moving in with my music soulmate. But sometimes fate works that way, you have no idea your destiny is being paved until the cards have been dealt and you're in the moment.

And really, this is an instant of fate. 

As far as music goes, I cannot get enough of the things I like. I will put something on repeat and easily leave it there for a week, or  until someone yells at me and tells me to turn it off in which case I utilize my headphones.

I understand that this pattern does not work for everyone. In fact, I have a roommate who is only capable of listening to a song twice before she gets sick of it and needs to give a few weeks before she can enjoy it again. 

But Bronwyn does not fall into this category. Bronwyn is like me in that she overplays her favorite songs to a point that might drive any normal person to the brink of insanity. However, as a fellow repeat junkie, I love it. And I love it even more because Bronwyn basically likes the exact same music as me. We can sit studying for hours with nothing more than a few verses, a chorus and a bridge to keep us entertained. 

Though we have gone through many song phases, we have a current obsession:


You guys. They only use one guitar for this entire song. ONE! It is crazy and awesome and perfect. And their voices are heavenly. And the lyrics are perfect in a bitter everyone-can-relate-to-this kind of way. You should probably love it.

And if you have any songs that you adore to a point of obsession, let me know. I want to obsess over them too.

4 comments:

  1. LOVING this song. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard the original? It's really amazing :) And that video, artistically, is really fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a repeater. As for sharing songs that I obsess about, there are far too many. But if you really want to know some I'm willing to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. June Hymn, The Decemberists. (Anything from The King Is Dead, actually.) Also The Last Beat of my Heart by Devotchka.

    I was in Iraq the first time I heard either of these songs, and I loved them both immediately.

    ReplyDelete