God Bless TAs and Left-Brained People

Cause, fo realz, they are going to save me this semester.

Somehow it never crossed my mind that there would be math involved in my family finances class. Duh, Sade. I just didn't give it a whole lot of thought, and the little thought I did give it was spent picturing one of those playskool grocery checkouts, like I thought I was taking 3 credits on Extreme Couponing or something.

Well, I was wrong. 

I think the most commonly used word so far has been "algebra" which makes me cry a little. 

But then I remembered I had an awesome math tutor all through high school (homeschool worked for me) and when I was doing math one-on-one I understood it.

Just as I was giving myself the "I think I can!" pep talk, depression hit. I realized that there are 250 students in my class. Not so one-on-one. 

But then, one quick glance at the syllabus later, hope was restored as I remembered the existence of TAs.   

Beautiful, nobel, life-saving TAs. Let's just say that we're going to become pretty familiar this semester as I attempt to soak up their knowledge and left-brain abilities. 


via


For those of you who are interested (so, none of you except Katie, I get that), I am going to start linking to blog posts from a year ago in my current posts. Blog posts from Jerusalem. 

1 comment:

  1. ahhh! I LOVE reading about where you were a year ago...because it's also where I was. You were just so much better at documenting everything compared to me. I just LOVE it. Can't wait to read more :-)

    ReplyDelete